Interested in Joining Our Team?
As schools and school-run care programs begin to carefully open their doors to students once again, Developing Outdoors is ready to enthusiastically add members to our exceptional team of Mentors to work with students in the Oak Park Unified School District’s Extended Care Program. We are currently looking for fun, energetic, creative, and kind individuals seeking rewarding work with children. Mentors provide a much-needed service to our community by providing children with a caring , comfortable, and safe environment on days families are in need of care for their students before and after school hours. Our Mentors are dependable, knowledgeable, and professional, and are available to maintain a part-time schedule for the duration of the school year beginning in early August and ending in late May. Mentors are interviewed, trained, screened, and coached along the way by our team of dedicated directors. Staff are encouraged to be CPR and First Aid certified.
Club Oak Park operates Mondays-Fridays in the morning hours of 6:45am-8:30am and afternoon hours of 12pm-6:00pm. Applicants may express their availability on their application.
The role of the Extended Care Mentor includes, but is not limited to:
- Following all guidelines and outlines for care as provided by Site Leaders, OPUSD Directors, and Developing Outdoors Directors
- Consistently demonstrate and role model healthy practices during the current health climate, including mask-wearing, hand-washing, and distancing
- Oversee groups of children as they rotate and transition through daily activities, which may include homework assistance, leading games, and snack times
- Assisting with plans, organization, and implementation of age-appropriate activities that meet the individual needs and the developmental needs of the children
- Promoting social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth of the children while treating them with dignity and respect; utilizing a patient, sensible and respectful tone and demeanor
- Assisting children in learning to think creatively, to solve problems independently, and to respect themselves and others
- Promoting and maintaining good communication, rapport, and working relationships with fellow staff, leadership, and families
Pay for Extended Care Mentors is $17.25-$18.35/hour. Pay for Assistant Extended Care Mentors is $15/hour.
Questions about employment with Developing Outdoors?
Give us a call at 818-217-0912 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org