Welcome to Developing Outdoors
A Professional Employer Organization
We believe that students’ education and enrichment should extend outside the walls of the classroom. This belief, alongside the ambition for creating positive, exciting, and supportive experiences, are the foundation of excellence found in our staff.
Our company is partnering with the Oak Park Unified School District to recruit staff for the Extended Care Program serving children before and after school hours. By seeking exceptional staff and providing continued training and support, Developing Outdoors cultivates a unique and caring experience in which children’s emotional, educational, social, and creative skills are fostered.
- Brookside Elementary
- Red Oak Elementary
- Oak Hills Elementary
- Medea Creek Middle School
- Daily hands-on activities including science, art, gardening, robotics, coding, and more
- Options for students that include both structured and unstructured opportunities to build social and emotional skills
- Flexible scheduling options including part time and full time; morning only; afternoon only; morning and afternoon
- A middle school program that incorporates age-appropriate programming to keep students engaged and enriched
Interested in Joining Our Team?
We are currently looking for fun, energetic, creative, and kind individuals seeking rewarding work with children. Our staff are dependable, knowledgeable, and professional, and are available to maintain a part-time schedule for the duration of the school year ending in late May. Substitute and ‘on-call’ positions are also available. Extended Care Mentors attend a fun and informative training session prior to entering the program, and are encouraged to be CPR and First Aid certified. The role of the Extended Care Mentor includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation of materials and activities as well as other duties as defined by the Site Supervisor/Assistant Site Supervisor
- Assisting with plans, organization, and implementation of age-appropriate activities that meet the individual needs and the developmental needs of the children
- Promoting social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth of the children while treating them with dignity and respect; utilizing a patient, sensible and respectful tone and demeanor
- Assisting children in learning to think creatively, to solve problems independently, and to respect themselves and others
- Promoting and maintaining good communication, rapport, and working relationships with other staff members
How Can We Help You?
Drop us a line with questions, comments, or concerns. We’re here to help!